Being a parent is hard work. We all want calm, connected kids. But we’re not given a manual at our baby’s birth to tell us ALL THE THINGS when it comes to parenting. We have to learn, explore and understand what works. So much will be trial and error too.
What we do know is that a relationship with your child based on trust, empathy, connection, love, teaching and guidance.
When you get stuck, there are resources out there to help you. There are ways help you understand how to parent, by understanding your child.
One fantastic resource I want to talk to you about today is called the Calm, Connected Kids Course. Run by the oh so lovely Chrissie Davies, she REALLY knows her stuff.
Hailed as ‘The Child Charmer’ Chrissie Davies brings a heart centred approach to all her services. Chaos to Calm consultancy exists to empower parents to create a whole new generation of emotionally healthy families.
“When we understand WHY our children display challenging behaviors we can confidently make changes that will last.”
Chrissie specialises in
- Positive behaviour change
- Developing calm family interactions
- Establishing positive routines
- Managing behaviour patterns
- Encouraging calm and confident discipline
- Strengthening family relationships
- Supporting positive communication
- Providing skills to tackle future behavior challenges
Calm, connected kids – Self paced online course – 4 weeks
Chrissie’s course can be done online and goes for 4 weeks. You’ll have access to:
- Four 60 minute educational videos.
- 20 years of knowledge and experience of teaching and supporting children with extreme behaviour issues.
- A life long understanding of your children and skills and strategies that will continue to work long after she is gone!
And if you’re wondering exactly what areas and topics you’ll be covering… here’s a look at what you can expect.
During Week One – “Fresh Start”
- Perceptions & Expectations
- Environment, energy & layout
- Emotional temperature
- Routines and structure and why they are so important for kids
- Visual routines
- Unplugging – ditching technology & the benefits
- Setting kids up for success
During Week Two – “Hearts & Brains”
- Teach and model brain care for children
- Why empathy is your most important tool
- Behaviour is communication
- Understanding emotions
- Teaching emotional resilience
- Becoming your child’s emotional coach
- Ditching punishments and consequences
During Week Three – “Connection”
- Connection cravers
- Filling up kid’s buckets
- Fostering mutual respect, trust, safety & intrinsic motivation in children
- Teach through love and connection
- Connection activities
During Week Four – “Communication”
- Power of positivity
- Explicit language- talk so kids listen
- Optimal learning time
- Labeling behaviour
- Direct Instruction
- Power of the peer
- Indirect reprimand/praise
There have been so many people who are singing Chrissie’s praises in regards to this course… here’s an example from Meagan (kids aged 10, 8 and 2)
“Signing up to Calm Connected Kids has honestly been the BEST decision for not only me (and my mental health) but for our entire family. Learning about how our children’s brains work has been a game changer. I’m so mich more patient, understanding and connected with my kids. I can not thank Chrissie enough for sharing her years of knowledge with us and making this parenting gig that little bit easier. She really is a superstar!”
So pop across and check it all out…
The course is $297 with payment plans available.
FREE! Helpful Parenting Ebook
Honest, practical and helpful advice from experts in the know.
𝗧𝗼𝗽𝗶𝗰𝘀 𝗰𝗼𝘃𝗲𝗿𝗲𝗱 𝗶𝗻𝗰𝗹𝘂𝗱𝗲:
Sleeping tips and tricks
How to help a choking child
Getting kids to eat greens
Play ideas & games
Screen time and the digital world