Personal information includes information or an opinion about an individual that is reasonably identifiable. For example, this may include your name, age, gender, postcode and contact details.
We may collect the following types of personal information:
- email address;
- age or date of birth;
- any additional information relating to you that you provide to us directly through our website or app or indirectly through your use of our website or online presence
- information you provide to us through customer surveys; and
- any other personal information that may be required in order to facilitate your dealings with us.
We collect these types of personal information either directly from you, or from third parties. We may collect this information when you:
- register on our website for our mailing list;
- communicate with us through correspondence, chats, email, or when you share information with us from other social applications, services or websites; or
- interact with our sites, services, content and advertising.
Why do we collect, use and disclose personal information?
We may collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information for the following purposes:
- to enable you to access and use our website;
- to operate, protect, improve and optimise our website business and our users’ experience, such as to perform analytics, conduct research and for advertising and marketing;
- to send you service, support and administrative messages, reminders, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and information requested by you;
- to send you marketing and promotional messages and other information that may be of interest to you; or
- to administer rewards, surveys, contests, or other promotional activities.
Disclosure to third parties
- for the purpose it was collected – for example, if you won a giveaway with us, we would pass your address details to the business who is responsible for posting out your prize;
- to enable them to provide services to us, including technology, data storage, website hosting, marketing, operations and customer service; or
- if we are required to do so by law.
Using our website
We may collect personal information about you when you use and access our website.
While we do not use browsing information to identify you personally, we may record certain information about your use of our website, such as which pages you visit, the time and date of your visit and the internet protocol address assigned to your computer.
We may hold your personal information in electronic form. We take reasonable steps to protect your personal information from misuse, interference and loss, as well as unauthorised access, modification or disclosure and we use a number of physical, administrative, personnel and technical measures to protect your personal information.
Accessing or correcting your personal information
You can access the personal information we hold about you by contacting us on firstname.lastname@example.org
If you think that any personal information we hold about you is inaccurate, please contact us and we will take reasonable steps to ensure that it is corrected.
Feedback and complaints